|Interfaith Youth Fellows is fiscally based out of West Shore Unitarian Universalist Church in Rocky River. It is a continuation of InterAct Cleveland’s fellows program.The program allows high school students to learn more about world religions experientially with their peers in a safe setting with trained facilitators. Last year, youth fellows from 5 different religious traditions participated in interfaith dialogue, relationship building, and community service.|
Interested in learning about other religions? In making new friends with other high school students from the Cleveland area? In participating in community service activities?
Become an Interfaith Youth Fellow!
Join other area high school students (grades 9-12) of different religious backgrounds in a yearlong interreligious journey of dialogue and service! You will interact with 15-20 other teens once every three to four weeks at various religious sites in throughout Greater Cleveland.
- Interreligious dialogue, covering but not limited to, the following topics:
- Basics of our respective faiths
- Religious holidays
- Religious stereotypes
- Religious intolerance
- Religious privilege and discrimination
- Tours of religious sites. In the past fellows toured Christian churches, Hindu temples, Jewish synagogues, mosques, Jain temples, and Quaker meeting homes
- Impact the community in a positive way through service opportunities
- Engage in online forums via our Youth Fellows Facebook page
“Engaging in interfaith dialogue does not in any way mean undermining one’s own faith or religious tradition. Indeed, interfaith dialogue is constructive only when people become firmly grounded in their own religious traditions and through that process gain a willingness to listen and respect the beliefs of other religions” ~ David Smock
Characteristics of a Youth Fellow:
- Open to learning about and building friendships with teens of other religions
- Comfortable with sharing and teaching others about their own faith journey and experience
- Committed to deepening their own faith and involvement in their respective religious communities
- Value making a difference in community through service and pursuit of justice
- Interest in developing their leadership skills
Does this sound like something you would want to be a part of? If so, please consider applying below. If you have any questions about the program please contact Mr. Tony Dipre, Cleveland Interfaith Youth Fellow’s program coordinator at email@example.com or at (216)-978-2223.
“The soul of all is one soul and the truth is one truth, under whatever religion it is hidden.” ~ Hazrat Inayat Khan (Sufi)
Interfaith Youth Application
Financial Commitment: There is a $120 participation fee upon acceptance. We encourage the potential Fellow to approach their religious congregation for support/sponsorship. Checks must be received prior to the first gathering. Scholarships are available.
How to Apply: Please complete the application below. The program has a fee of $120 to be paid upon acceptance. Please encourage your congregation to sponsor you for this program. Scholarships are available. For questions, please contact Tony at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (216)-978-2223.
PLEASE NOTE: WE HAVE EXTENDED THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE APPLY AND RETURN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!